The Artpoint annual membership fee entitles members to exhibit work in our hallways on a continuing basis, and also to apply for exhibition space in one of our 3 galleries. We participate in The Eastside Studio Crawl and other group exhibitions. For those willing to volunteer in the operation of the society, the annual fee is $175.00 per year. We offer a non-volunteer membership for $500.00. New members are juried into the Society twice a year: May and September.
We accept proposals for the Upstairs Gallery from Artists who are not members of Artpoint, those artists wishing to be involved in a creative environment are invited to review the Submission Guidelines.
Applying for Membership
Our mandate supports members who are committed to developing their artistic potential. Each applicant should submit work that demonstrates the following: experimentation and development of creative practice; presence of focus and context within the work; an ability to critically evaluate their work and its progress.
You should submit the following:
- Current CV, not to exceed two pages.
- Artist Statement which should describe the current practice and context of your work.
- CD or a DVD of 10 images of work completed within the last two years. Submit JPEG files only with a resolution 0f 72 dpi (dots per inch). Maximum size of 1024 x 768 pixel files. Label the disc with your name and phone number.
- Or images can be sent as digital files e-mail attachment.
- Label each image with your last name followed by the number of the image (eg: adams01.jpg).
- A corresponding list indicating title, medium, dimensions and year of execution.
- Artpoint can only succeed through the volunteer services of its members. Please explain in 500 words or less why you would like to become a member of Artpoint.
Please ensure that your application follows all outlined instructions. Submissions that do not follow the guidelines closely will not be reviewed and will be declined for Membership or Exhibition.
Deadlines for applications are May 30 and September 30. Applicants will be informed of the results by e-mail within two weeks of the submission dates.
All submitted material may be picked up from the Artpoint office after the results have been announced. If you do not want the submitted materials returned, please indicate that on your submission.
Submission Guidelines for Upstairs Gallery
The Upstairs Gallery is a non-commercial space, dedicated to the exhibition of contemporary art, engaging in innovative creative expression. All artists are invited to apply. An artist honorarium of $150 will be provided. Space is available on a monthly basis. Exhibition proposals must contain the following:
- Artist/Project Statement
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- You should submit the following: